Wednesday, December 10, 2014

pre-departure

Sitting here in my room in Grinnell, at my desk surrounded by the coziness of white Christmas lights and Tswift’s new album, I can’t imagine being anywhere else. Nonetheless, I will soon be on a plane to India. For some strange reason. I can’t quite remember when I agreed to this whole flying-to-another-country-after-finals.

It will be good. Just gotta pack everything in sight first.

Then I will go to the airport, fly to Doha, meet up with my parents, fly to India, spend three weeks there traveling and being a total tourist and seeing old friends, then fly home. Unpack. Breathe. Repack. Fly to Costa Rica at the end of January. Live in Costa Rica for four months (again, I ask, what was I thinking?!?). Return home. Hopefully a little changed or bettered or improved or something that all those shiny study abroad pamphlets promise.

That’s what this blog will be. Theoretically. An account of my crazy adventuring. We’ll see how long I can keep it up.

This here blog is so that a) I will have a written record for myself of this time and b) to keep all of [you] somewhat up-to-date with my life. I’m excited, I promise. But it hasn't sunk in yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment